The Liebster is an award chosen by bloggers for other blogs they’ve taken a liking to. It works like this: I answer 11 questions set by my nominator, add 11 random facts about myself then choose 11 other blogs to ask another 11 other questions of. After that those blogs go on to do the same.
In lieu of a red carpet, designer dress and an acceptance speech, I would like to first thank Claire at this little house – and get straight on to answering those questions…
1. If you were stranded on a desert island what would be your 'must have' item?
Sun block. I burn within five minutes of the sun appearing in the sky. But since I live in the UK it’s not that much of a problem…
2. What is your biggest fear?
Fire. Which is probably why I could never get into smoking as a teen. The thought of a tiny little fire near my face was too much.
3. What is your earliest memory?
My Dad coming into my bedroom with an air rifle to kill a spider. I realise now he was taking the mick.
4. If you could live in any era what would it be?
The 1920’s, assuming I was rich and thin enough to enjoy it to the max.
5. What is your biggest vice?
My iPhone. I think I’d run back into a burning building to check it (see #2 for relevance).
6. What would be your dream home?
One that automatically tidied and cleaned itself.
7. What fact would people be surprised to learn about you?
I doubt if I could surprise anyone, I’m an open book.
8. What is relaxation to you?
Massage, but no talking thank you.
9. Biggest regret?
Refusing to take the Oxbridge exam because (I quote teenage Vanessa) ‘I’m not posh enough to be at Oxford or Cambridge’. Doh!
10. Favourite all time film?
Gone With The Wind.
11. If you could be anyone for a day who would it be?
Santa Claus – on Boxing Day. How good must that feel?
Eleven random facts about me
I’m vaguely related to ‘80’s songstress Kim Wilde.
I have high arches.
I can’t parallel park.
I have a real problem pronouncing ‘choreographed’.
I love marzipan.
I fantasize about getting a whippet.
I didn’t drink tea until I was in my twenties.
I don’t like the sensation of having wet sleeves.
My wardrobe is colour coded.
The only mobile number I know is my own.
This weekend I’m going clubbing dressed as a nun.
And finally, the blogs I nominate for a Liebster are (in no particular order):
And the eleven random questions for my Liebsters:
1. What did you have for tea last night?
2. What was your favourite item of clothing as a teenager?
3. Cats or dogs?
4. Congratulations, you’ve been canonized – but what are you the patron saint of?
5. Do you owe anyone an apology?
6. A new government policy says we must all open a shop – what will yours sell?
7. What is the worst way to spend a Sunday?
8. Name and shame the first/only person to break your heart
9. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?
10. Who decides where you go on holiday?
11. What annoying song can you NOT get out of your head?
Go forth and blogify!!